08 May 2015

UK General Election 2015

Well I did what one has to do in the UK, I stayed up till 10pm for the exit polls and have just woken up four hours later, because by now there are few results, just maintenance of the exit polls that predict a result the polls did not - a poor result for Labour, a massive wipeout for the Liberal Democrats, a huge gain for the Scottish National Party and the Conservatives coming much closer to an overall majority.

However....

that may yet change.

To follow my thoughts, I'll be live blogging on my largely quiescent UK blog http://libertyscottuk.blogspot.com and on Twitter @libertyscottuk for the rest of the night

All I can say for now, is that it is looking like the UK, once again, shows it wont elect a solidly leftwing Labour government.


1 comment:

Mainstream Mike said...

More to the point a majority Tory government with an explicit mandate for UKIP polices: out of the EU, no more benefits to the bludging Scots, finally privatising the NHS, and best of all, getting down to say 500 MPs

best of all - no prospect of another Labour government of the UK in my lifetime --- if ever!