- Sending homosexuals to forced labour camps.
- Executing people attempting to leave Cuba (as recently as 2003).
- Urging the USSR to launch a nuclear first strike against the USA.
- Holding 316 known political prisoners in 2006.
- Banning independent trade unions.
- Single candidates for all seats in the National Assembly.
- Computer and internet access is severely restricted.
- In 2003, 22 libraries raided with 14 librarians arrested with jail terms of up to 26 years, for having banned literature.
- Opposed even modest economic reforms, including the opening up by Gorbachev.
- Cuba's imperialist adventures in Africa, including supporting the Mengistu regime that was behind the 1980s Ethiopian famines that Bob Geldof relaunched his career off of.
So how many more reasons do you need to vote out Ken Livingstone as Mayor of London?
Meanwhile, Daniel Finkelstein in the Times has an excellent article asking why the left worships dictators, including the Deputy Leader of the British Labour Party - Harriet Harman. Oh and no excuse that Thatcher supported Pinochet. Two wrongs do not make a right.