19 December 2006

"It might sound funny to others, but suddenly thinking you are French is terrifying"

Louise Clarke of Bristol did it, but she had a good excuse. She was diagnosed with Susac's syndrome, which is thought to be caused by an autoimmune condition whereby healthy brain tissue is attacked by the immune system.
^
The result is hilarious. Though I am sure the journalist was laughing with these quotes..
^
This is London reports "She started speaking French all the time, rang her friends to invite them to stay in the French capital - and asked to eat croissants."
^
"At one point, my sister discovered I had phoned all my friends and told them to come and visit me in Paris. She had to ring them all back to explain what had happened."
^
don't laugh too much because "Miss Clarke, who still has the syndrome, is able to control it with steroids and other medication but has been told it can last up to five years. ". So it is far from a funny illness for those who have them.
^
Of course Boris Johnson on "Have I Got News for You" (one of the best UK comedy game shows) did say that 60 million French people wake up with this everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at the filming of Have I Got News For You! There were quite a few jokes about the French that were cut... ;-)